Overview of Services
Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to helping appropriate patients initiate and maintain access to our medications during the treatment journey. That’s why we created BMS Access Support®, which offers benefits reviews, prior authorization assistance, and appeal process support, as well as an easy-to-initiate co-pay assistance process and information on patient financial support.
- Reviews patient coverage for BMS medication
- Reviews are typically completed within a median time of 24 hours*
- For enrolled patients, benefits may also be reverified
*BMS Access Support Data - Benefits Investigations. Accessed November 2021.
BMS Access Support can provide
information about the prior authorization (PA) process. A Patient Access Specialist can:
- Conduct a Benefits Review, obtaining information about any PA requirement
- Call the payer to obtain PA details
- Fax summary of benefits to provider
- If the patient's insurer has denied coverage, the denial may be appealed. BMS Access Support may be able to assist by providing information about the appeals process.
- Each plan has its own process and timeline for appeals. It is important to review the insurer's guidelines and submit the required documents and information before the appeal deadline. It is the responsibility of the provider and/or patient to prepare and submit the required documentation.
Schedule a Call with a Patient Access Specialist.
For commercially insured patients
- BMS co-pay assistance support programs provide financial assistance with out-of-pocket deductibles, co-pay, or co-insurance costs for eligible patients who have been prescribed certain BMS medications.
For patients with insurance through federal healthcare programs
- Patients insured through Federal Healthcare Programs are not eligible for co-pay assistance programs sponsored by Bristol Myers Squibb, but there are independent charitable foundations that may be able to help. Contact BMS Access Support at 1-800-861-0048 for details.
For patients without prescription drug coverage or who are underinsured
- BMS Access Support can help research independent charitable foundations that may be able to help your underinsured and uninsured patients.
Identification of Charitable Organizations
BMS Access Support may help to identify charitable organizations that may provide funding for eligible patients seeking financial assistance for prescription medication.
Simple Ways to Get Support
Call BMS Access Support at 1-800-861-0048, 8 am to 8 pm ET, Monday-Friday, to speak with a regionally assigned specialist
The accurate completion of reimbursement- or coverage-related documentation is the responsibility of the healthcare provider and patient. Bristol Myers Squibb and its agents make no guarantee regarding reimbursement for any service or item.